[Owncloud] WebDAV LDAP auth

Rigzen Latshang rigzen.latshang at math.ethz.ch
Wed Jan 4 15:33:46 UTC 2012

hello maxxer,

we use ldap auth successfully, i had the following problems:

1) you have to fill out every form field in the ldap auth configuration, otherwise it will not even try to connect

2) to use card-/caldav the following database entries have to be done manually:

INSERT INTO principals (uri,displayname) VALUES (‘principals/[USERNAME]’,‘[USERNAME]’);
INSERT INTO principals (uri,displayname) VALUES (‘principals/[USERNAME]/calendar-proxy-read’,‘[USERNAME]’);
INSERT INTO principals (uri,displayname) VALUES (‘principals/[USERNAME]/calendar-proxy-write’,‘[USERNAME]’);
INSERT INTO principals (uri,displayname) VALUES (‘principals/[USERNAME]/addressbook-proxy-read’,‘[USERNAME]’);
INSERT INTO principals (uri,displayname) VALUES (‘principals/[USERNAME]/addressbook-proxy-write’,‘[USERNAME]’);

[USERNAME] has to be the one you like to use it for ;-)

i don't know if one of these problems are already solved... you have to check it.

yours
rigzen