[Owncloud] WebDAV copied files have 0 bytes - sometimes...

Jashan Chittesh jashan at ramtiga.com
Mon Jan 2 10:11:15 UTC 2012

On Jan 2, 2012, at 10:09 , cosch wrote:

> i am see the same behavior using OC master on lighttpd and OS X Lion,
> while Dolphin on Ubuntu 11.10 just works fine.

[...]
> Does anyone have ideas about that?

Unfortunately no ideas - only the same issue.

I'm connecting via Finder from Snow Leopard. I've tried both my own server (hosted on IIS 7, Windows 2008 Server, PHP 5.3.6), and the public demo server (demo.owncloud.org). It seems it's working with the public demo server and Finder (I thought I had the same issue there but wasn't able to reproduce - so either it's a sporadic issue there, or a problem with my memory).

When I connect via NetDrive from Windows, it all works fine - both on my own server and the public server. Using that client, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue on either server.

So to me it seems like a problem between certain clients (e.g. Finder) and certain servers (e.g. IIS).

It could also be two issues: One sporadic one with certain servers, and another one that happens all the time under certain circumstances (e.g. Finder + IIS).

I've also posted this to Shapado:
http://owncloud.shapado.com/questions/files-uploaded-via-webdav-have-0-kb-zero-kb

Sunny regards,
Jashan
--
Und das, was uns am Ende befreit ...
... ist das Hören auf die Möglichkeit!

That, which in the end will set us free ...
... is listening, to endless possibility!

(Jashan, 2010-03-01)