[Owncloud] Removal of 3rd party libraries from the main repo

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Thu Feb 16 09:08:38 UTC 2012

On 16.02.2012 09:56, Robin Appelman wrote:
> Recently the 3rd party libraries were removed from the main ownCloud
> repository, I don't think this is a good idea, while I see the need to have
> the 3rd party stuff seperated for some people it only makes it more complicated
> for the vast majority of people.
I agree it makes it way more complicated.

> It gives people 2 repositories they need to update and not all versions of 3rd
> party libraries may be compatible with all version of ownCloud.
Do we have an overview how much these 3rdparty libs are different from
what distributions deliver? I think we should try to make use of distro
packages as much as possible and melt the 3rdparty stuff down to what is
really needed, finally hopefully nothing ;-)

We can and should work with the downstreams to get that sorted. Its
important, as many distros start to support and deliver us and they need
to solve that anyway.

I know, there's Windows, but there could be a huge zip ;-)

Klaas