[Owncloud] use owncloud contacts with RoundCube webmail

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Wed Feb 8 13:03:03 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 08 February 2012 13:16 Molnár Péter wrote:
> Recently I've successed using owncloud contacts directly
> from RoundCube webmail with the help of a plugin. The nice thing that
> with this method .vcf import works as well, the contact are added to the
> owncloud storage.

That sounds really cool. I will definitely try that!

> Additionally, I'd like to ask a question: the owncloud carddav
> lacks support for fields like address, birthday, etc. Is there a plan to
> add these functionalities as well?

ownCloud CardDAV supports all fields in the specification + properly formatted
custom fields, the web client just doesn't allow you to see or alter all of
them (btw address is supported in the current web client).

I use ownCloud contacts in Kontact, on Android and under Maemo.

There is an unstable branch in git where the web client in addition to name,
organization, email, phone and address also supports nickname, birthday and
photo. It will be in ownCloud 4. The plan is to support all (relevant) fields
in the specification.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus