[Owncloud] use owncloud contacts with RoundCube webmail

Molnár Péter hello at petermolnar.eu
Wed Feb 8 12:16:06 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Recently I've successed using owncloud contacts directly
from RoundCube webmail with the help of a plugin. The nice thing that
with this method .vcf import works as well, the contact are added to the
owncloud storage.

The process:

 	* install RoundCube webmail [1]
 	*
get CardDAV plugin from http://www.crash-override.net/carddav.html
 	*
install the roundcube plugin (copy carddav folder into /plugins and add
'carddav' into the main.inc.php to the $rcmail_config['plugins'] array)

	* configure your owncloud address book in the settings
panel

Additionally, I'd like to ask a question: the owncloud carddav
lacks support for fields like address, birthday, etc. Is there a plan to
add these functionalities as well?
These datas are vital for me, I
cannot move from Google Contacts until they're useable in owncloud.

Thanks,

--

MOLNÁR, PÉTER

Tel.: +36303560950