[Owncloud] Need feedback for apptemplate_advanced and app tutorial

Nathan Anderson nanderson at sum-ware.com
Thu Dec 6 02:25:35 UTC 2012

This tutorial was made a just the right time for me.  I'm basically brand new to ownCloud and I need to make an app or two for my work.  Thanks!

I did notice an issue with the tutorial.  The 'apptemplate_advanced/appinfo/app.php' file in the tutorial does not match the latest file in git (line missing: \OCP\App::registerAdmin...).  Also, I saw the request in the tutorial for some "sed" commands and made a quick and dirty shell script.  This suits my needs, but there are plenty opportunities for improvement:
 * create namespace name based on app name
 * automatically escape characters that will cause problems with the regex
 * check for appropriate permissions
 * prevent display of expected error messages

I'm not sure if the mail list allows attachments so my 'apptemplate_advanced/create_app.sh' file is inline below.

Thanks again and I hope this file helps...
Nathan

-------------------------------------

#!/bin/bash
APP_NAME='your_app_name'
APP_FULLNAME='Your App Name'
APP_NAMESPACE='YourAppName'
DEVELOPER_NAME='Your Full Name'
DEVELOPER_EMAIL='your at email\.address'

OLD_APP_NAME='apptemplate_advanced'
OLD_APP_FULLNAME='App Template plugin'
OLD_APP_FULLNAME2='Advanced App Template'
OLD_APP_NAMESPACE='AppTemplateAdvanced'
OLD_DEVELOPER_NAME='Bernhard Posselt'
OLD_DEVELOPER_EMAIL='nukeawhale at gmail\.com'

if [ -d "$APP_NAME"]; then
    echo "Directory $APP_NAME already exists. Please update script "
    echo "configuration to use a unique APP_NAME."
else
    cd ..
    mkdir $APP_NAME
    cp -R $OLD_APP_NAME/* $APP_NAME
    cd $APP_NAME

    grep -lr -e "$OLD_APP_NAME" * | xargs sed -i "s/$OLD_APP_NAME/$APP_NAME/g"
    grep -lr -e "$OLD_APP_FULLNAME" * | xargs sed -i "s/$OLD_APP_FULLNAME/$APP_FULLNAME/g"
    grep -lr -e "$OLD_APP_FULLNAME2" * | xargs sed -i "s/$OLD_APP_FULLNAME2/$APP_FULLNAME/g"
    grep -lr -e "$OLD_APP_NAMESPACE" * | xargs sed -i "s/$OLD_APP_NAMESAPCE/$APP_NAMESPACE/g"
    grep -lr -e "$OLD_DEVELOPER_NAME" * | xargs sed -i "s/$OLD_DEVELOPER_NAME/$DEVELOPER_NAME/g"
    grep -lr -e "$OLD_DEVELOPER_EMAIL" * | xargs sed -i "s/$OLD_DEVELOPER_EMAIL/$DEVELOPER_EMAIL/g"
fi