[Owncloud] ORM

Jörn Friedrich Dreyer jfd at owncloud.com
Wed Dec 5 10:26:56 UTC 2012

On 04.12.2012 23:15, Bernhard Posselt wrote:
> Did we decide on an ORM yet? I'd like to finish the app tutorial with a
> recommendation on how to do it and writing an own layer doesnt seem to
> be worth the work if its replaced.
Before thinking of an ORM we should complete the move from MDB2 & PDO to
the Doctrine DBAL and its schema evolution support. bartv2 has started
the doctrine branch <https://github.com/owncloud/core/tree/doctrine> for
that. Before thinking of changing the DBAL we need to have a testsuite
to catch regression that _will_ happen.

So, one tiny little step at a time and not without a testsuite to catch
regressions. ;)

so long

Jörn

Jörn Friedrich Dreyer (jfd at owncloud.com)