[Owncloud] how to run owncloud from a git repo clone

Frank Karlitschek frank at owncloud.org
Fri Aug 31 17:07:29 UTC 2012

Hi Johannes,

we strongly suggest to run only released version of ownCloud in a serious production environment. If you are a bit more adventurous than you can also install alpha and beta versions.
But I strongly suggest to not use git master unless you are a developer or you want to help with QR because this can break at any time and could even eat your data.

Frank