[Owncloud] Sharing CIFS Share

Gronies, Thomas Gronies at uni-wuppertal.de
Fri Aug 31 10:06:11 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm testing the ability to include a CIFS share. I'm using the latest git branch on a debian stable machine.
I configured a CIFS share in the "Personal" menu. It works fine for the respective user.
Now I tried to share this folder with another user but there is a problem. As the user who owns this share, I can choose to share this folder with another user. When I login as the other user, I can browse to /shared/[shared CIFS folder]. I can see the files and folder in there.

 - Clicking on a .txt file does nothing. When I try to download the file, I get the message "Cloud not found".
 - When I try to go deeper in the folder structure I will get kicked to my root dir.

I tested it with a fresh CIFS share, where I created some little ASCII .txt files and folders as well as some links. So there is nothing spectacular in this folder.

Regards,
Thomas Gronies