[Owncloud] ownCloud Mailing List for developers

Sebastian Kronenwerth sebastian at kronenwerth.de
Thu Aug 30 11:37:46 UTC 2012

Hi,

> Does it make sense to have a second mailing list for developers only?
> Mails like my previous about failing test cases are developer focused
> -
> no need to notify everybody.

I think it makes sense to have three or four lists. For example, the
roundcube project is using four lists:

user: a list for all admins

dev: a list for all developers or all persons which are following the
developers

announcement: this is a read only list to announce upgrades etc. In my
case I use a filter to sort the mails from the user- and dev-lists to
separate folders. But the announce messages are coming in my inbox
immediately. This is very useful for persons who are only want to be
informed of announces of new versions and don't follow the user or dev
lists.

svn/git: a read only list which sends all messages from the github

Each person has the free choice to subscribe to the lists that they are
interested in. No one needs to follow and no one will be excluded from
any group like for instance the developers.
Regards,
Sebastian Kronenwerth