[Owncloud] Two-factor auth (TOTP) for OC?

Christopher Kunz chrislist at de-punkt.de
Wed Aug 29 12:29:17 UTC 2012

Hi,

after Dropbox announced their support of two-factor auth via TOTP
(Temporal OTP) yesterday, I wondered how complex it is to supplement my
own authentication systems with TOTP. Turns out that someone already
wrote a little PHP class (sans bruteforce checking and QR code
generation, otherwise relatively complete) for TOTP and PHP:
<http://www.idontplaydarts.com/2011/07/google-totp-two-factor-authentication-for-php/>

I tested this on one of my own boxes with the "Google Authenticator" app
for iOS and it seems to work pretty well. Now, the obvious question is:
Do you think this is a feature we might see in one of the next releases?

Regards,

--ck