[Owncloud] next developer meeting

Jörn Friedrich Dreyer jfd at owncloud.com
Wed Aug 29 20:04:01 UTC 2012

On 29.08.2012 21:20, eMerzh wrote:
>> Well let's start with a collection of ideas here - we can put this on a page within ownCloud.org
>>
>> - ORM (doctrine, propel etc)
>> - Community Interaction / mailing list / forum
>> - Bug tracker (GitHub Issues vs. bug genie - maybe we even sit together and fix it)
>> - Testing (I'd like to talk about my approach with the automated acceptance test suite)
>>

> * A clean Javascript MVC framework? like Backbone.js ==> this one i
> think it's important for maintainabilty..
>    currently we have no harmonisations on how to work ... every app
> (core or not) does something different..
>
> a templating engine for php / and or js ? twig or phptal for tanghus
> :p and mustache, jQote, J Resig micro tremplate, ...
+1, but wouldn't it be a little more safe to rewrite only one part of
ownCloud at a time? Starting with the database layer. And maybe after we
have a working test suite so we can automatically identify regressions?

I'd like to put a "general vision" or roadmap on the agenda. We should
agree on the direction before discussing how to get there.

so long

Jörn

--
Jörn Friedrich Dreyer (jfd at owncloud.com)