[Owncloud] ownCloud Mailing List for developers

Torsten Grote grote at kolabsys.com
Wed Aug 29 14:01:46 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 29 August 2012 15:44:53 Trey Nolen wrote:
> If a separate list gets created OR if this one is closed
> to just developers, someone (or multiple someones) need to also watch
> the user list and/or the forums to try to help out with support.

The Kolab Community [1] has different lists for developers and users. We even
have a separate users-de list for German speaking users. It works quite well.
the developers are active at both lists and answer questions from the users
and the users are not bothered with development discussion. The only thing
that happens from time to time is users asking user questions on the dev list.
But apart from that it works well.

I wouldn't like it if important development discussions are made only on
ownCloud Inc.'s closed development mailing list.

Regards,
Torsten

[1] http://kolab.org