[Owncloud] Commiting Oracle support tomorrow, beware of SQL without escaped identifiers

Andre Gemuend scroogie at scroogie.de
Tue Aug 28 06:16:45 UTC 2012

On 08/27/2012 07:20 PM, Victor Dubiniuk wrote:

> I'm not an Oracle fan neither. But it seems to be the matter of syntax
> and naming conventions mostly. So it would be nice to have a page with
> clear "Do" and "Don't"  checklist at least.

The spacewalk project has collected a page with information about their
Database porting:

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/PostgreSQLPortingGuide

They are porting the other way 'round, ie from Oracle to PostgreSQL, but
maybe that can still be of help to get an overview of the differences.

Cheers,
André