[Owncloud] sync problem

pub at noend.fr pub at noend.fr
Fri Aug 24 12:33:30 UTC 2012

HI,

2012/8/23 Klaas Freitag <freitag at owncloud.com>

> On 23.08.2012 18:19, pub at noend.fr wrote:
> Hello Thierry,
>

>> thank you for all the developments that you did for this great product.
>> I use owncloud since version 3.0 and it makes my life easier.
>>
> Thanks that you say that.
>

>> I use the client owncloud on 3 different machines
>> - 1 macmini: under snowleopard with an ADSL connection without proxy
>> - 1 MacBook: under snowleopard with different ADSL connections with and
>> without proxy
>> - 1 pc in windows XP on corporate network with proxy.
>>
>> I encounter some problems with synchronization between clients and the
>> server it generates an increase sometimes large disk space used.
>> Indeed, when a conflict takes place, the file will create a second time
>> with a "conflict."
>>
> This is probably a problem of the times not being exact synchronised
> between the machines. That will vanish once we use ids to detect the need
> to sync which I am working on currently.

the server and clients are synchronized via NTP time base IDENTICAL.
I look forward to the client version with identifiers.

>  Is it possible to set a priority?
>> if a file is in conflict then the priority sync would
>> - Either from the client to the server
>> - Either from the server to the client
>>
> Well, I  don't think that will satisfy users, because that can mean data
> loss.

instead.
I now use Google Calendar to manage my business appointment.
when I connect a client, I request that I give priority.
once you know ...
works very well here, and I've never lost an appointment.

bests regards
--
Thierry