[Owncloud] sync problem

santigua santigua1978 at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 23 18:55:57 UTC 2012

Am 23.08.2012 um 20:36 schrieb Klaas Freitag:

>> Is it possible to set a priority?
>> if a file is in conflict then the priority sync would
>> - Either from the client to the server
>> - Either from the server to the client
> Well, I  don't think that will satisfy users, because that can mean data loss.

Well, in case of a conflict... the user has to make this decision anyway, doesn't he?

Even if oc would create a doublet to avoid loss of data, this means the user has
two files and he has to decide which one is the right one.

I'd actually prefer to be able to define the behavior somewhere in the settings.

I would suggest the following:

If a file is rises a conflict then the user should be asked whether he wants...
- sync from the client to the server
- sync from the server to the client
- oc should create a doublet on both sides.

If the user is able to decide this on a file by file - or maybe - sync by sync basis this would be perfect,
because that way the user can decide depending a the actual situation.

just my 2 cent.

kind regards,
santigua