[Owncloud] ownCloud4: Marking a File as Public

Rob Oakes rob.oakes at oak-tree.us
Tue Aug 21 19:31:29 UTC 2012

Dear ownCloud Developers,

Is there a way to mark a file uploaded through WebDav as being public?

I am trying to create a Filelink Provider
(https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Thunderbird/Filelink_Providers) for
Thunderbird that uses ownCloud as a backend. A client of mine is
interested in using ownCloud for sending private links to files that are
too large for email attachments.

I'd like to upload the file to ownCloud, set it as public, and then
insert the private link into the email. Uploading (via WebDav) is easy.
I'm not sure the best way to mark the file as public, though. Is there
an API for doing this using XML or JSON?

Cheers,

Rob