[Owncloud] company/community relationship

Frank Karlitschek frank at owncloud.com
Mon Aug 20 19:25:11 UTC 2012

On 20.08.2012, at 20:56, Thomas Tanghus <thomas at tanghus.net> wrote:

>>> "Given the open AGPL licensing scheme ownCloud Inc. (and others) can
>>> choose to sell proprietary licenses and equally develop optional
>>> proprietary plugins for it's customers, while..."
>>
>> See the answer from Klaas here. An additional mail about this topic is
>> coming in a few minutes
>
> Yeah, I was too fast in that one. What I meant to add was that it's possible
> for 3rd parties to develop proprietary plugins as well (I presume), which is
> also a good selling point.

>>> How exactly is it wrt trademark?
>>
>> What do you mean?
>
> I just don't remember seeing any ownCloud trademark usage guidelines.

Yes. It´s coming :-)

The content will be similar to the stuff from openSUSE or Fedora. Something like:
You can use the the ownCloud name and logo to promote ownCloud but you aren´t allowed to use it to sell tomatoes or to promote your Sharepoint Hosting. You should only use it as is and not change it to pink or put it upside down.
Something like that.
I hope we have it ready really soon.

Frank