[Owncloud] Translation in JS code

Martin Werthmöller mw+owncloud at lw-systems.de
Mon Aug 13 15:31:57 UTC 2012

Am Mo, 13 Aug 2012 um 12:38 GMT +0200 schrieb Stefan Göckeritz:

Hello list,

> There are lots of small little hints that come from JS in ownCloud,
> that are hardcoded.

IMHO this should be reported as a (minor) bug. I cannot create an
account at the bug tracker
(http://bugs.owncloud.org/thebuggenie/owncloud/), "404 - Not Found".

> I know the translation function is there and can simply be used in the JS.
> Anyway I feel like I don't want to dive into all the little code
> snippets, should I do it though, or should I wait for the app
> creator/maintainer to do this (Which unfortunately didn#t work for a
> long time now)?
>

> >>As I look at the sources, I saw that this text was hardcoded at the
> >>JavaScript file "apps/files_sharing/js/share.js".

For the apps (namely files_sharing), theres little effort to add
translations to the module.

I've added a l10n directory to the module and created a file de.php
for German localizations.

At the JS code I add the t('<module>','<string>') function calls.

Have the patch appended to this email.

BTW: Whats the "official" way to submit patches to OC?

Best regards,
Martin Werthmoeller

--
LWsystems - IT-Service and Consulting