[Owncloud] ownCloud Client 1.0.4 Release

Steve Riley steve at rileyz.net
Sat Aug 11 18:20:08 UTC 2012

On 2012-08-11 06:59:43 Jono <jono at foodnotblogs.com> wrote:

> Yes, the client periodically polls the server to look for updates. A
> way around this is to have something push from the server to connected
> clients. Like a process that manages client connections. I am not sure
> how "Unison and inotify" would solve this problem though.

I've seen a few posts around the web describing how to build Dropbox-like two-
way sync with Unison and inotify. I was simply curious whether OwnCloud might
be able to adopt a similar approach. inotify is neat because it responds to
kernel notification about file changes, avoiding the need to continually poll
for those.

...Steve