[Owncloud] Web ui behavior on PHP session timeouts

Martin Werthmöller mw+owncloud at lw-systems.de
Fri Aug 10 12:45:47 UTC 2012

Hi ownClouds,

the web ui of our ownCloud system shows a strange behavior. After the
PHP session timed out, some operations failed without clear response.

One user has for example the share submenu poped up at his browser. As
the user will send an email with a link to one other, this will be
fail, but the dialog shows nothing about.

In my opinion, such an operation should send an asyncronous request to
the server. If this fails, a message about the session timeout will be
shown.

Installed version: 4.0.6 with MySQL database backend on Debian Squeeze

Best regards,
Martin Werthmoeller

--
LWsystems - IT-Service and Consulting