[Owncloud] File upload

Michael Grosser owncloud at seetheprogress.net
Thu Aug 9 11:54:04 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller at tmit.eu> wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, dem 09.08.2012 um 10:54 schrieb Jan-Christoph Borchardt:
>> Exactly that is the reason why for publicly shared stuff, there should
>> never be a token but rather the address should look like
>> owncloudprovider.com/username/folder/ (or filename)
I think the token is quite a great feature for security and great when
you have editable and upload enabled sharing.

> That's what I want to have!
> Can we make it for OC5? Maybe not I guess.
I'm not sure if that shouldn't be an extra feature. (share everything
savely via token link and have a public folder, which can be accessed
dropbox style and triggers sharing with these urls)
It's actually quite confusing I assume and therefore would just go
with the sharing we have now.

>> The counter-argument, and reason why it is not so, is (as I
>> understand) that other shared files could be guessable. This is not
>> really important as a) no it’s not (at least not easily) b) the files
>> are shared publicly anyway c) dropbox does it exactly like that.

Don't like the argument "someone else is doing it"!