[Owncloud] Cannot get any clients to sync

richgomes at comcast.net richgomes at comcast.net
Tue Aug 7 14:34:09 UTC 2012

Hello. I have tried asking this on the forums but so far have not received a response. I am hoping I can fair better here.

So here is my issue:
I have installed OwnCloud 4.0.6 on Fedora 16 and am it accessing behind a NAT'ed address and using a different http port.
I can access as a user via the web interface without issue.
I can perform a calendar sync on my iPhone without issue, in both directions.
I can upload files via the owncloud iPhone app.

But none of the OwnCloud SyncClients work, not Windows x86, x64, or Linux.

To eliminate any iptables, port forwarding etc... issues, I installed OwnCloud on a RHEL server, kept everything to standard ports and created a new user. Once I verified that I could connect. etc... I installed the OwnCloud ClientSync on the server and configured it to point to the account on the local machine.
The sync always fails with the dreaded "The system time on this client is different than the system time on the server. Please use a time synchronization service (NTP) on the server and client machines so that the times remain the same."

I have seen posts about changing the seconds max_time_difference in the csync file but that shouldnt matter when its on the same machine?

So far I love the ease of setup for this product and what it provides but I really want this ClientSync to work as expected.

Is there any solution for this?

Thanks in advance