[Owncloud] Can't bind to LDAP Server

Arthur Schiwon blizzz at owncloud.com
Mon Aug 6 09:18:26 UTC 2012

Hi Thomas,

thank you for testing the LDAP backend in the master branch, really
appreciate that! :)

I tried to reproduce this issue, but I succeeded in using a password
containing a $ for the proxy user.

Did you upgrade or did a fresh install?
In case you transfered the settings manually, did you check for typos?
Are there any hints in the ownCloud log?
Did you check using the "Test Connection" button or by Saving or both?

Viele Grüße ins Bergische Land :)
Arthur