[Owncloud] High load on LDAP request

Arthur Schiwon blizzz at owncloud.com
Wed Aug 1 14:51:23 UTC 2012

Hi Christophe,

i do not actually understand where the massive requests happen. Is it
while password checking? It needs requests to discover the DN, to do the
bind with the given credentials and, if successful and not known yet the
specified display name attribute.

Also in everyday usage there should not be too many requests, always
depending what you are doing. With master (btw, which version are you
using?) we're doing some caching to avoid repeated requests.

Regarding your work - that's cool! Are you going to contribute your code?

Cheers
Arthur