[Owncloud] App settings

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Wed Aug 1 09:14:41 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 31 July 2012 23:45 Alessandro Cosentino wrote:
> The news app now features the new Settings popup!

\o/ Damn, you're fast :-)

> I've met two issues with the popup though:
>
> 1) I added
>
> OCP\Util::addStyle('news', 'settings');
>
> in news/settings.php and created a corresponding css/settings.css, but
> it doesn't seem to work. The css works if I include it from
> news/index.php with the above line.

Yes, it won't work and cannot be made to work. Your settings template is
loaded after your main index.php and injected into the DOM. Any style
definition will have to be made in your main template.

> 2) I have another popup menu in my app which is shown when the user
> wants to add a new feed/folder. If I click on it right after I closed
> the settings popup, it doesn't work. This might be my fault, but maybe
> you can give me some ideas on how to fix it.

It is very likely that you have some name clashes in your news app and the
settings page. For example if you use $('#feed') or something like that both
places. It's a good idea to add a pre- or postfix to IDs use in the settings
template, like $('#feed_settings').

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus