[Owncloud] ownCloud 4 alpha

Frank Karlitschek frank at owncloud.org
Sun Apr 29 21:04:01 UTC 2012

Hi everybody,

I have packaged ownCloud 4 alpha
Download is here: owncloud.org/releases/owncloud-4.0.0-alpha.tar.bz2

Please test it as much as possible.

Here is the remaining release schedule:

4.5.   Release beta (All feature branches has to be merged. Only bugfix commits allowed)
11.5.  Release RC (Only showstopper bugfixes allowed)
18.5.  Release ownCloud 4 final tar-file to packagers
22.5.  Release ownCloud 4 final

This means that only non critical feature commits are allowed from now on and we have a complete feature freeze next friday.

Please add all the new features of ownCloud 4 here:
https://gitorious.org/owncloud/pages/OwnCloud4Features
This is useful when we write the release announcement.

Thanks to everybody who contributed. This will be a great release! :-)

Cheers
Frank