[Owncloud] sync client - In your face vs silent start

Stefan Göckeritz goeckeritz at rheinahrcampus.de
Wed Apr 25 07:36:40 UTC 2012

Hey everyone,

I have to agree fully with what Pascal promotes. I'd also like to have
a balloon, telling me that a file was synced, or even more, that there
are new files and the syncing is starting, but no actual program
interface that I have to click away to use the computer.
Basically I always thought of the dropbox application, havin exactly
this behaviour. I really like that... not too immersive, but
informative.

Could this be a way to pave for the future of this very nice and useful
sync client?

Thanks to all folks dealing with the inner bones of that thing :-)
Keep it up!

Cheers
Stefan