[Owncloud] Miscs. questions : LDAP and UTF8 database encoding.

Matthieu matthieu at me.com
Thu Apr 5 12:23:24 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm playing my OwnCloud instance on my Mac OS X Server 10.7.3 using MAMP

I have few questions:

- Database: I cannot use UTF8 as collation, had to use Latin1 to make it work. What is the reason ? anyway to have UTF8 ? We may have some contents that need UTF8

- LDAP:
	- I'm trying to connect to OpenLDAP on the OS X Server. I did enabled the LDAP user backend App, put the right settings on the admin area and my users are properly showing up on Users panel. But I cannot login using my LDAP credentials ?

	- How can I use my LDAP groups ? I'm trying to enable the "Ldap Group Backend" App, but without success. I click to Enable, it shows as enabled (display the Disable button) but if I refresh it's still disable.

Thank you for any feedback !

Matthieu