[Owncloud] Gsoc proposal

Mario Đanić mario.danic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 16:38:59 UTC 2012

The problem I see is that while you are underestimating the task of writing
a proper collaborative editor. Did you look into libinfinity from Gobby at
least, and perhaps the chance to revive their javascript implementation if
*nothing* else?

Yes, I have seen the similar discussion come up about technologies,
minimalism etc when I suggested a proper mail app in the OwnCloud - I think
its a matter of preference. Sure, make
things optional, but rather than reinventing things which are IMHO not
trivial, I'd always opt
for re-using the technology the giants before us wrote.

Cheers,
Mario