[Owncloud] Need help to run owncloud on FreeBSD

Martyn Hill martyn.joseph.hill at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 20:37:41 UTC 2012

Hi Roland

Thank you very much for that - thought I was on my own!

On 01/04/2012 21:09, Roland van Laar wrote:
> On 04/01/2012 09:16 PM, Roland van Laar wrote:
>> On 04/01/2012 04:42 PM, Martyn Hill wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>>

>>> My first question is: /*How do you debug the php scripts that are run?*/
>> Me Too :).
>> I have the same problem using FreeBSD, although I'm running it inside
>> a jail.
>> I'm tried using both apache and nginx with php-fpm.
>>
>> You can use Xdebug: http://xdebug.org/index.php
>>

>>> The closest I've gotten to tracking down the problem is somewhere in
>>> the MDB2/Driver sections, but that was a somewhat blind goose-chase
>>> through the php code, trying to run each script in the chain one at
>>> a time.
>>
>> I'm in the process of installing Xdebug.
>> The call 3rdparty/MDB2/Schema.php:399 $result = $parser->parse();
>> doesn't return. There is no output after this step.
>>>
>>> Any ideas? I've read of others who are succesfully running OC on
>>> FreeBSD, or at least getting beyond this very first hurdle.
>
> Found it: install textproc/php5-xml :-).

I actually installed that and hadn't noticed a seg fault (though I
haven't looked yet...)

Looking again at the requirements on the owncloud page, I notice that
the package required is actually quoted as:

     php-xml

Not sure whether this is actually a different version to php5-xml as
available through ports... Same thing for php5-mbstring (ports) vs.
php-mbstring (requirements).

I'll see what I can do to fetch/compile the actual version listed on the
site and try again.

> Although after the installation page I'm now I'm running into a
> segmentation fault.
> Which is probably due to this bug: https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=53626
> So Owncloud and sqlite on FreeBSD won't work.
>

> Regards,
>
> Roland

Perhaps trying again with MySQL is a workaround to the php/sqlite bug...

Regards,
Martyn.

--
"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."