[Owncloud] Problem with isType and 'our very own core apps'

Uwe Koloska uwe at koloro.de
Sun Apr 1 16:22:39 UTC 2012

Hello,

owncloud is a great piece of software an I use it to make my Android phone
independent from the google servers.

I'm closely following master and now there is a problem with the caldav server
part.  When calling

  http://my.owncloud.site/files/webdav.php

I get the following

Warning: file_get_contents(../apps/files/appinfo/info.xml)
  [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file
  or directory in /../lib/app.php on line 322

This comes from this code in lib/app.php::loadApps()

	// Our very own core apps are hardcoded
	foreach( array('files', 'settings') as $app ){
		if(is_null($types) or self::isType($app,$types)){
			require( $app.'/appinfo/app.php' );
		}
	}

isType() doesn't know about 'our very own core apps' and tries to load the
appinfo/info.xml file (from the apps/ dir BTW) that doesn't exist.

By just commenting out the isType() part, WebDAV now works -- but I don't know
if it is the right thing to do?

Do or Don't require the core apps (files, settings) if a special type is
requested?

Yours
Uwe Koloska