[Owncloud] Configuration for Lighttpd

Alexander Kauerz kauerz at informatik.uni-luebeck.de
Mon Oct 24 20:32:17 UTC 2011

hi,

I found this thread via google and just subscribed, so I hope that this
mail will be visible as an reply to the lighttpd thread.

I just installed owncloud on my lighttpd-server, here are some thoughts
of mine, maybe someone could add the first and the second to the howto.

(1) lighttpd ignores the .htaccess-foo so you have to secure the /data
folder by yourself, otherwise everyone could access owncloud.db even if
directory listing is off.

$HTTP["url"] =~ "^/owncloud/data/" {
     url.access-deny = ("")
   }

(2) you should disable directory listing.

$HTTP["url"] =~ "^/owncloud($|/)" {
     dir-listing.activate = "disable"
   }

(3) I am using fastcgi and edited /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini (and even
/etc/php5/cli/php.ini) and set "upload_max_filesize" to "100M" but still
owncloud tells me that I can't upload files greater then 2Mb.

Any suggestions?

ragards,

Alexander

PS.: installation was quite easy compared to any other php-software,
even total noobs could do it, good work :) !

PPS.: My public_key is signed by CaCert, you can get it here -->
https://www.cacert.org/certs/cacert.asc