[Owncloud] php debugging suggestions

Jon Spriggs jon at sprig.gs
Mon Oct 17 08:35:06 UTC 2011

Hi Kunal,

You might be interested in an extension for PHP called XDebug. If
you're running Ubuntu, it's just an apt-get away.

Once you've got XDebug installed, you need something that can walk
through the code - I use Eclipse with it's PHP support, which includes
support for XDebug.

Try this: http://www.rdeeson.com/weblog/102/installing-xdebug-for-use-with-eclipse-on-ubuntu-linux.html

If you're using XAMPP under Windows, try this:
http://robsnotebook.com/php_debugger_pdt_xdebug

I use this all the time for my personal coding.

Regards,
--
Jon "The Nice Guy" Spriggs