[Owncloud] php debugging suggestions

kunal ghosh kunal.t2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 01:27:45 UTC 2011

Hi Robin,

> Since I've been having the same problem with debugging, non-browser access,
> I've finally implemented the thing I promised weeks ago, a simple logging
> mechanism.

The logging tool ( /lib/log.php ) looks good, but my problem is more of,
when i call external libraries, what's happening there, what's causing the
external
library call to fail ?

I can think of two possible solutions:
1. A debugger with Stepping tool (kinda like gdb) but haven't come across
any.
2. *Heavily instrument owncloud with debug logs* (which allows external app
authors to
debug their applications ).

I think 2 is very do able and I am instrumenting lib/base.php with debug
logs for my
debugging needs, it'd be great if the changes go back into owncloud
mainline.

We could use these debug messages for debugging reported bugs as well.

--
Kunal