[Owncloud] Configuration for Lighttpd

Xavier Venient xavier at toutafon.org
Sun Oct 16 15:57:15 UTC 2011

Hello,

Le 15/10/2011 16:21, Florian Jacob a écrit :
> Hello Tamás
>
>> On Saturday 15 October 2011 00:29:14 Tamás Bondár wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I would like to test ownCloud but I have only Lighttpd own my server.
>>> Could you please provide a brief description how to install and
>>> configure it for Lighttpd?
>> Well, it was way too easy on Debian Squeeze:
>>
>> # cd /etc/lighttpd/conf-enabled
>> # ln -s ../conf-available/15-fastcgi-php.conf .
>>
>> All the rest is as documented.  :-)
>
> Could you tell me more about what is needed to configure ownCloud on
> lighthttpd? I'm one of the guys updating the owncloud.org website, but I have
> never used lighthttpd. Should I update some documentation?
> What can I add to make it clearer for other lighthttpd users?

Doesn't seem a good idea, as lighttpd does not support .htaccess files,
and there's one in data/ that deny access in it.

Now I can get your http://server/owncloud/data/owncloud.db file and
browse and get files from /owncloud/data/user/.

You'll need at least something like this in your lighttpd config file:

server.modules += ( "mod_auth" )
auth.backend = "htpasswd"
auth.backend.htpasswd.userfile = "/etc/lighttpd/htpasswd"
auth.require = ( "/owncloud/data/" => (
                  "method"   => "basic",
                  "realm"    => "private - owncloud data",
                  "require"  => "user=nousershouldaccessthis"
                  )
                )

Xavier