[Owncloud] Version Control Ideas/Issues

Craig Roberts craig0990 at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 15 17:51:08 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I have managed to get the Glip library working with ownCloud's
filesystem abstraction; it shows up as a 'mounted' folder and can be
used to track files through the repository (but not the working
directory, at the moment) all the way back to the first commit. It's
very messy: I will clean it up a bit and upload it to a branch ASAP.

Glip is a nice library overall, it might need a few tweaks/extensions.
I'm going to look into how it interacts with the repository - it might
be possible to tweak the differencing algorithm for large files,
similar to rsync. I'll also try and improve the options (I dumped
everything into an app tab for now, not the best approach).

-- Craig

[1] - Glip: https://github.com/patrikf/glip