[Owncloud] Several Issues with owncloud

Andreas Schneider asn at cryptomilk.org
Fri Oct 14 13:51:41 UTC 2011

On Friday 14 October 2011 13:55:06 Ralf Steck wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi,

> I just managed to install owncloud on my home server with CentOS 5.7. The
> webinterface runs and I can make new users. But several issues are here:

> -          When I go to the Personal Page, this is empty for all users.
>
> -          Files show up as lines, but without the filename. When the mouse
> hovers over the file, the extension is visible and firefox shows the link
> to the file (with name) in the status bar. The files open OK, but as I said
> the name misses.

which browser?

> -          Webdav from Windows 7 doesn?t work, after trying to input
> name/password, the same window comes again over and over. Might be I use
> the wrong link because I don?t see it in personal page. All done what?s in
> http://owncloud.org/use/webdav/

>From which browser or something else?

> -          How do I setup SSL connection? I have a Zarafa Server running on
> the same server which is reachable from outside (fritzbox/DynDNS via
> https/imaps), so the basics are done. Now I also want to use owncloud over
> the internet, are there special port I have to open? The documentation in
> these areas is rather poor, unfortunately

Well, read the documentation of your webserver how to setup SSL. This has
nothing to do with owncloud.

> -          It cost me some time to find out that one has to setup a mysql
> user/database manually, this should be described in the docs.

> -          Is there already an Android client? I would like to apply as a
> beta tester.

> -          Any chance to sync calendar and contacts to Zarafa? Or am I
> thinking completely the wrong way?

Caldav support is working just fine here. If this Zafara supports caldav and
carddav it should work just fine.

Cheers,

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: F33E3FC6
www.cryptomilk.org                asn at cryptomilk.org