[Owncloud] Several Issues with owncloud

Ralf Steck rsteck at die-textwerkstatt.de
Fri Oct 14 11:55:06 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I just managed to install owncloud on my home server with CentOS 5.7. The webinterface runs and I can make new users. But several issues are here:

-          When I go to the Personal Page, this is empty for all users.

-          Files show up as lines, but without the filename. When the mouse hovers over the file, the extension is visible and firefox shows the link to the file (with name) in the status bar. The files open OK, but as I said the name misses.

-          Webdav from Windows 7 doesn?t work, after trying to input name/password, the same window comes again over and over. Might be I use the wrong link because I don?t see it in personal page. All done what?s in http://owncloud.org/use/webdav/

-          How do I setup SSL connection? I have a Zarafa Server running on the same server which is reachable from outside (fritzbox/DynDNS via https/imaps), so the basics are done. Now I also want to use owncloud over the internet, are there special port I have to open? The documentation in these areas is rather poor, unfortunately

-          It cost me some time to find out that one has to setup a mysql user/database manually, this should be described in the docs.

-          Is there already an Android client? I would like to apply as a beta tester.

-          Any chance to sync calendar and contacts to Zarafa? Or am I thinking completely the wrong way?

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

--
Viele Grüße vom Bodensee,
Ralf Steck