[Owncloud] standards based interoperability?

Andreas Schneider asn at cryptomilk.org
Tue Oct 4 07:55:42 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 04 October 2011 13:51:03 Brad McEvoy wrote:
> Hi,

Hello,

> One immediate point of possible interest is that I've just implemented
> efficient bi-directional file sync using a new protocol called zsync
> (similar to rsync, but over http). The protocol is defined here -
> http://zsync.moria.org.uk/ - but as documented is only server to client.
> I've extended it to be bi-directional.

How did you do that? I wonder how this should be working as owncloud is webdav
only?

How do you detect and solve conflicts?
How do you detect if a file has been removed?
How do you make sure there is no file corruption or loss of contect if an
error occurs (network loss, segfault)?

Cheers,

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: F33E3FC6
www.cryptomilk.org                asn at cryptomilk.org