[Owncloud] standards based interoperability?

Brad McEvoy brad at bradmcevoy.com
Tue Oct 4 00:51:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm the author of milton (http://milton.ettrema.com) a java-based webdav
server library. I just came across owncloud as I'm starting to work on
extending milton into a similar open source system.

I'd like to ask if anyone is interested in looking into standards based
interopability between these systems, or if there has already been such
discussions? ie so that ownCloud clients could connect to milton powered
servers, and vice-versa.

One immediate point of possible interest is that I've just implemented
efficient bi-directional file sync using a new protocol called zsync
(similar to rsync, but over http). The protocol is defined here -
http://zsync.moria.org.uk/ - but as documented is only server to client.
I've extended it to be bi-directional.

Does ownCloud have that sort of rsync-like efficient file sync'ing yet?
I've searched, but havent seen a definitive answer. If not would you be
interested in using the same protocol?

Cheers,
Brad McEvoy