[Owncloud] Compatibility with Konqueror

Marcel Meyer meyerm at fs.tum.de
Thu Nov 24 21:12:45 UTC 2011

Hi Florian,

On Thursday 24 November 2011 21:27:52 Florian Jacob wrote:
> > after looking at the demo of owncloud I found the interface quite
> > unuseable in Konqueror. With KHTML and also with WebKit. Is OwnCloud
> > targeting Konqueror- users, too (and this is just a temporary problem)
> > or do you have use FF?
>
> ownCloud is developed and tested for and in Firefox, Chrome and Opera, so
> we've WebKit in that. But of course we do some tests in konqueror and
> reqonk, too, and I just did a quick test with the owncloud demo in both of
> them (with WebKit).

thank you for answering. I am very glad to hear that you do tests in
Konqueror! Especially since owncloud is under the umbrella of KDE.

> I found nothing which disturbed me, could you be more specific what's
> exactly not working and which version of konqueror / WebKit you use?

I used "some" Konqueror 4.7.3 from the KDE-4.7-repository in openSUSE 11.4 and
had many problems. Meanwhile I upgraded to openSUSE 12.1 and did not yet
include additional repositories and am therefore now using Konqueror 4.7.2
"release 5". (And to be honest everything in KDE seems to work much better so
I doubt I will continue using those additional repositories :-) ).

My former konqueror (4.7.3) even used to crash in owncloud when using webkit.
Now the new one (4.7.2) works much better. Some details with KHTML are at the
wrong place (like the checkboxes in a "Files"-list) or are not aligning at all
("Music"). WebKit seems to work much better with the placement but in WebKit
the "Files"-list multiplies the "blended in" icons (the open/share or delete
icons are visible several times). I hope this is understandable? ;-) The
Syntax-Highlighter when clicking on a text file is not closable, the music
does not play.

It would be great to have everything working flawlessly in Konqueror. At least
with WebKit.

Thank you again,
Marcel

--
Liebe ist Vertrauen und Glaube wider besseren Wissens.