[Owncloud] ownclouds exec() calls

Rigzen Oliver Latshang rigzen.latshang at math.ethz.ch
Thu Nov 24 10:55:22 UTC 2011

Hello,

I don't allow my webserver to run operating system commands, so i
disabled exec() as my default configuration. There are two places i
found owncloud is using /exec()/ one is in /apps/media/lib_scanner.php/
used to call /mp3info/, to get the metadata of mp3 files.

Maybe it would be nice to use the 3rd party library getid3 (
http://getid3.sourceforge.net/)?

The other place i found was in /lib/util.php/, the method
/checkServer()/ (Line 183) want's to know which user is running the
webserver, but the result is never used (as far as i can see). Maybe
this is even uneccessary and would be great if it dissapears.

Thank to all of you.

Yours,
bbk