[Owncloud] External - non-user upload ...

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Wed Nov 9 09:41:19 UTC 2011

Hi,

is there already a feature like granting somebody, who is not a user within ownCloud to grant (temporary) upload rights?

I'm thinking about the following use case:

A friend, working colleague, relative or someone else has file(s) for me.
Instead of telling him to mail it to me and upload myself to my ownCloud installation, I'd like to send him a link to my Cloud
where he can directly upload the file(s).

The uploaded files shall appear with a inbox like folder.
The link actually will expire after some time (configurable) or after usage or not at all.

The link should just contain a token to hide any private data e.g. user name ..

THX,

Thomas