[Owncloud] prevent uploading in shared folder

Marcus Moeller marcus.moeller at gmx.ch
Tue Nov 1 21:15:11 UTC 2011

On 11/01/2011 09:41 PM, Marcus Moeller wrote:
> On 11/01/2011 09:15 PM, Marcus Moeller wrote:
>> Hi all.
>>
>>> I have shared a folder with another account. Is there a way to make it
>>> read-only, so that the other account cannot upload files to it?
>>
>> Also noticed that ppl accessing the share could even delete the files.
>> Even if the 'can edit' option is unset.
>
> Ok, deletion only seems to be virtually. The file still exists in the
> original folder. It's only no longer visible in the shared view. Not
> sure how to bring it back, btw.
>
> The strange thing is that it's still found when you search for it in the
> user account who accesses the share.

Just a side note, if you switch back to the master account (lets call it
A) the icon of the deleted shared file has been changed from that
net/share icon to a ppl icon. After re-sharing the file re-appears in
the account who accesses the share (lets call it B), but not only in the
subfolder (e.g. shared/music) but also in shared/.

Deleting it in shared/ lets it disappear from there but still be present
in shared/music.

Greets
Marcus