[Owncloud] Fwd: Glip GIT DIFF

Aamir Khan ak4u2009 at gmail.com
Thu May 26 05:29:10 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Patrik Fimml <patrik at fimml.at>
Date: Thu, May 26, 2011 at 2:32 AM
Subject: Re: Glip GIT DIFF
To: Aamir Khan <ak4u2009 at gmail.com>

Hey!

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 07:52:43PM +0530, Aamir Khan wrote:
> I am using GLIP to implement server-server syncing functionality in
owncloud
> as my project. Basically i wanted to use something like git diff but i
think
> this functionality is not implemented in glip. So if you can provide me
with
> some pointers how i can achieve git diff using glip then it would be
great.

Currently, glip has no facilities to do so, except for GitTree::treeDiff
which
is somethat like git log --stat.

> If not possible,then i would love to contribute to glip as well to enhance
> its functionality and implement git diff.

Implementing it in PHP will likely be rather slow (glip is too, of course).
You
might have a look at how MediaWiki does it, I think they have support for
some
module(s) in there.

Regards,
Patrik