[Owncloud] Re: Translation and permissions

Robin Appelman icewind1991 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 16:02:37 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 08 March 2011 16:27:23 Sergio Ballesteros wrote:
> Hi, first of all, I'm very glad with the proyect Owncloud, so glad that I
> would like to take part, and I was wondering if there is any way I could
> translate the releases of Owncloud from English to Spanish and share it
> with the comunity.
>
> I'd also like to ask which are the propper permissions to each folder in a
> GNU/Linux server (Debian). If the permissions are 777 for the main folder
> of owncloud (/var/www/owncloud) and also 777 for the
> subfolders (/var/www/owncloud/*) you can easyly access to the files of any
> user, just in the link www.(myweb).com/owncloud/data/.
> So which permissions should be given to each folder?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Sergio.
it's recommended to set the owner of the ownCloud folder and it's subfolders
to the user that the webserver runs under (www-data for debian iirc), then the
installer will automatically set the permissions of things like the data
directory and the sqlite database (700 form the top of my head).

 - Robin Appelman