[Owncloud] Re: Help for the website, again

Damien Tardy-Panis damientardypanis at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 01:12:00 UTC 2011

Well, when I wrote "From all I've read ownCloud is a KDE project" and the
paragraph that followed, I tried to explain the same kind of things you just
said.

To me also, ownCloud is aimed at everybody : I'd love to see gnome and windows
people working on it too. That is the idea : making something universal. And
we should present it this way.

To summarize, it would have been better to say "ownCloud is a universal
project developed under the KDE umbrella". But that is just a summary and we
should not focused too much about the KDE side.

In fact, that's why making a real website will help a lot spreading our vision
and making ownCloud more popular.  People currently have a wrong idea about
the scope of ownCloud.

But I also think, at least in the beginning, that we should use as much as
possible the KDE infrastructure to make the development easier and not to
reinvent the wheel about project organization every time.

So I'm really in total agreement with what you think. That's cool : it means I
joined the right team ;-)

Damien

By the way, does someone among you know how to request to open a new project
within the projects.kde.org (for the website) ?