[Owncloud] Re: Help for the website, again

Aaron Reichman areichman.kde at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 00:35:26 UTC 2011

I hate to be the one to bring this up but I think we should at least
consider that we want not just KDE people and programs to use ownCloud but
gnome, windows and linux people as well (unless we're not interested in
them?) I think the KDE infrastructure is great and has served us very well
but I believe we should reach out to other projects and communities and that
binding ourselves too closely to KDE will make other people think we're
KDE-only. Here's a quote from this thread:

"From all I've read ownCloud is a KDE project"

If that's our mentality I think it will be difficult to attract people from
outside KDE and we could really use their help. ownCloud will work with any
platform, we should be encouraging every platform to join us. I'm not saying
the KDE infrastructure is bad and that we shouldn't use it (quite the
opposite, in fact) just that we should be aware of how other communities
look at it when we bill ourselves as "a KDE project."

What I'd really like to see is us reaching out to other communities and
making it as easy as possible for them to come on board with us. I'd be
happy to reach out to those communities if all we need is somebody to do it.

Feedback?