[Owncloud] WebDAV Issues

Michael Gapczynski gapczynskim at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 18:55:22 UTC 2011

I've been working on renaming and moving shared files around and to do so
I've be using Dolphin as a WebDAV client. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like
the best file management experience. I don't know if its Dolphin, WebDAV, or
our implementation of WebDAV to blame. Most of the things that are bothering
me aren't to critical, but would be nice to fix if possible. Due note that
the following apply to both my shared storage provider and the local storage
provider.

I can't delete files on ownCloud from Dolphin. When I try to delete files I
get this error: 'Access denied to trash:/filename.ext' It isn't a problem
with my ownCloud server, because I can delete files from the web frontend.

Renaming files works, but immediately after I rename it the file type
becomes unknown to Dolphin. I have to refresh the view in order to see the
file type.

Can WebDAV tell the client what permissions it has in certain directories?
For example, with sharing you don't always have write permission and so you
can't copy a file into a shared directory that's read only. Dolphin usually
prevents you from copying files if you aren't allowed to.

I also can't see any image previews for my pictures.

I've tried researching these to find some answers, but I can't seem to find
any good information. I've already fixed a few bugs with renaming and moving
files, but those directly affected my project. I don't want to continue
looking through the WebDAV source, because it doesn't relate to my project
and would take time away from it. Could someone else pick this up if it's
actually possible to fix any of the above?

Michael Gapczynski